Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I need to start wearing my contacts again..

OK - so way back when the boy was a wee one, I got Bell's Palsy. It was like the left side of my face had a stroke. Only my face - but the left eye, side of my mouth, side of my tongue - none of it worked. It just drooped. Things that people take for granted, drinking coffee, brushing your teeth, taking a shower - all that changed. I had to drink coffee with a straw, otherwise it would dribble out the left side that couldn't stay shut. Same with brushing my teeth - brush, dribble. brush, dribble. It's ok - you can laugh. I did. It was pretty damn funny. Until I had to go into public. LOL Anyway... I have some lingering effects. I can't um.... always make a seal... so like if I was sucking on a popsicle I might make a fart noise. Seriously. And when I'm really tired or drunk I get what we all refer to as a "dead eye" on the left. Other than that, you'd never know! Amazing the wonders of modern medicine.

My left eye dries out pretty fast though, so for the most part, I gave up wearing contacts. I probably could again, but just haven't had the patience for it. So I wear my glasses. and on occasion, I might just a wee bit obsess about how clean they are. Only sometimes. And for some reason, during the summer, they get dirtier than usual. And I often clean them on my shirt. You know, rub rub - check - rub - check.. OK clean. Today I had on a polyester blend shirt. And there was dirt on a lens. And I was peeing. I caught myself cleaning my glasses on the front of my underwear.

I need to go back to contacts.

4 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Ha! I like wearing glasses better, 'specially now since I've graduated to progressive lenses. Sigh.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

ROFL! I wear great contacts for dry eyes. If you're interested, let me know and I'll get off my lazy arse and go see what the brand name is.

K Dubs said...

I would LOVE the brand name SMB!!

Progressive lenses e? Aren't those for old people?? LOL

Desert Songbird said...

Ugh. I hate dirty glass lenses. I've been wearing my glasses a lot because my contacts are in dire need of replacement, and they're bugging me.