Sunday, August 9, 2009

Oh my!

I can't believe it's been a week since I posted. It's been a crazy week, too. Still no word from the missing co-host. It's been weird in work, but I refuse to say anything to her about it, I think she's embarrassed and I'm not going to give her the out. I still have her beach towel, and she's got to ask for it back. LOL

I ended up at the doctors on Thursday - I've had this weird arm pain going on and it was bad enough Wednesday night that I gave in and made an appointment. What is it about the doctors that makes us not want to go? I guess I don't get it. Anyway.. I was thinking I was getting carpal tunnel syndrome. Maybe too much Bejeweled on Facebook? Nooooooooo...... I have a ruptured disc in my neck. Who knows how long it's been there or how I did it - but it's pinching the nerves and that's what's causing the arm pain. See? Should have gone sooner. Now I have to go to physical therapy and hope that works.

Only 10 days until I'm on vacation!! Woohoo!! The boy leaves next Saturday to stay with my father for 5 days, then I fly in and we head to Cape Cod. I cannot WAIT. I haven't been to the beach there in 2 years, so obviously I'm way overdue.

My good friend Movie sent me a message a while ago to call her. And I did. She went to a psychic, apparently a very good one, and the woman was throwing out names and said that Mary (my mother) said hello to Kathy (me) and that she was OK. Now, my mother and I were like oil and water. We didn't get along much - it felt like it took me having the boy for me to gain any kind of respect from her. When she died (almost 11 years ago), it was upsetting - we were just starting to get along, but it wasn't devastating (I feel guilty even writing that! LOL). She had cancer, I know she's in a better place. My aunt died 2 1/2 years ago, and she and I were very close. THAT was devastating. It was sudden, I wasn't there and it was just horrible. I was put on anti-depressants afterwards, it was just awful.

Now. Is it bad of me to have said to Movie - "what about my aunt? Didn't she have anything to say?" Instead of saying "yay! my mom said hi" I'm wondering about her sister. And it used to piss my mother off to no end that we were so close. LOL Oy vey. I'm going to be struck by lightning one of these days!!

It's finally summer here. I'm off to sit by the pool and work on my tan. :)

K

7 comments:

darsden said...

Have a wonderful vacation at Cape Cod and be sure to take lots of pictures for us, as that is the only way I will ever see it :-))

Pseudo said...

Catching up over here. Hmm Yoo bad the food went to waste, I would have ehlped you out with that.

So, do you get to see Movie when you go on vacation?

Have a great time. Go see the psychic and have a chat with your aunt...

cheatymoon said...

You know, H could have been off doing other things... there's still lots of opportunity for her to visit you. I have hope. :-)

The way it was explained to me is that sometimes the ones with things to heal and fix are the ones who come through.

Also - will be you around near the 22nd? Cause I will be down that way and it would be WICKED FUN to get together somehow. Think about it.

Beth said...

I have a neice who is closer with me than her mother. We just gel well together.

And I'm jealous. I want to travel to visit Movie!

K Dubs said...

I'll be home the 20-25th Miss Movie Madness!! And I should be down the Cape then, too! Woot!
I promise to bring the camera and take lots of pictures.
Pseudo - not that often, I'm hoping that we can meet up this time, though! And luckily not that much went to waste as far as food. Today's food went much better. I should post a picture of the ton of meat. lol

K Dubs said...

Beth - I'll take pictures! And my aunt was my coach when my son was born - but she did convince me to let my mother in the room and when my mother died 2 years after my son was born she told me how much that meant to her. So that was cool. :)

Desert Songbird said...

Whaddya mean the so-called co-host hasn't spoken to you? Sheesh, you'd think she'd come up with SOME kind of explanation by now.