Saturday, August 1, 2009

Busy! Busy! Busy!

What a busy week!
It's like every night there's something. The grass to cut, laundry to clean, house to clean, etc. What's with this world - can't I just relax?!?! Oh. Wait. I'm going to do that TODAY. Kind of. lol

Having a pool party with people from work. I got a keg, made food - now begins the "who the heck is going to show up" wait. Too many people switched from yes to maybe that I said screw it and invited a bunch of outside of work friends. Don't people get that when you're trying to plan something - it helps to know if you're coming? Whatever... Either everyone is going to show up and we'll run out of beer, or nobody is going to show up and it'll be me, a keg and a crockpot full of beans. God help everyone tomorrow. LOL

I've gotten some painting done in the house - as far as I can go with one section. The landing on the stairs has a wall that goes ceiling high to the 2nd floor, and I just can't reach. My friend the painter is SUPPOSED to help me - we'll see if he comes through or not. I may have to figure out a plan B. And yes, I tried a ladder. lol

With some paint on the walls, the house is finally starting to feel like *home*. I'm really liking it. I know that the some of the quality is not the greatest, but it's all mine, and I'm feeling some pride in that. :)

Oh! Garden update - I have 10 bazillion tomatoes growing - are they supposed to touch the ground, or is that a bad thing? And yesterday I found a wee little cucumber growing - yay!!! Peppers are coming out, sunflowers look like they're ready to show and the other flowers that I planted along the side of the patio? One actually bloomed! Yippee!! I'll post pictures later. Oh and weeds. Lots and lots of weeds. And lima beans. But the grass is growing like gangbusters in the back (I may have to cut it twice this week - crazy!), and the sod out front is starting to turn brown, grow mushrooms and I'm turning my attention to that now.

Anyway - I'm alive - just crazy!

Happy Saturday :)

5 comments:

darsden said...

Girl I am on my way :-) Yes, that drives me insane.. a lil phone call would help, I will be there, sorry I can't be there. It would be nice to know how much food to prepare, esp if one is bbquing on the grill ya know..helps to know. Sounds like a wonderful time for those who show up and if you were close you would be meeting me :-))

K Dubs said...

I wish you were near! We'd have a blast!

cheatymoon said...

Yep, wish I could drive over... Can't wait to see the photos!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Oh Crap! I missed the party. *sigh* Hope it was great!

So jealous of your garden. I can't grow a thing.

Pseudo said...

I would say yes. Sounds like fun and hope we get photos.