Friday, August 5, 2011

This weekend

Let the games begin....

We're once again cleaning student housing for the next 2 weeks.  I'm always left shaking my head at the end because of a couple of reasons.  1 - you wouldn't believe what these kids leave behind - because they have no concept of money or the cost of things - last year?  Numerous dorm fridges, a Kirby vacuum cleaner, and lots and lots of kitchen stuff.  I get my best deals the next two weeks :)  2?  The filth that these kids live in.  We come in - work our asses off and get paid well for it - but it's amazing how kids will live.  One place last year had 3 full baths.  So apparently when someone threw up in one of the tubs, that was OK - because they just left it and used the other 2.  Seriously?  That's nasty.  One stove/oven took me over 4 hours to scrub and it still looked disgusting.  I wish the parents that come in at the beginning of the year, complaining about how their little angels couldn't possibly move in until *that* baseboard is cleaned - would come back at the end of the year and see how their angel has turned into a little pig.    Ugh.

Anyway...

Sunday my son's brother gets married.  It's too bad he doesn't know about his little brother, because he's kind of a hoot.   It's a shame that stupid adults make dumb decisions based on their own selfish needs instead of what is best for their kids.  But that will all change eventually.  No, I didn't send a gift from "your brother Josh" - although I did think about it LOL..  That wouldn't have been fair to the happy couple.  And that's what Sunday is all about - not about the parents, the kids, or anything else - it's about them.  So Congratulations Carly and Brian - from your baby brother's baby mama.  No drama.  LOL

2 comments:

Pseudo said...

You're a wonderful person.

K Dubs said...

Thanks Pseudo :) Not sure if I feel wonderful, though.