Saturday, March 9, 2013

I'm sorry, did you say CORNFLOWER blue?


Saturday 9: Midnight Train to Georgia

Click the link to play along :)  It's fun!


1) Have you ever been to the Atlanta?
Hotlanta?  A'lanna?  I've been in the airport.  That's it.  I think it was big.  
2) Do you enjoy traveling by train?
I used to take the commuter rail into work when I lived in Boston.  I've taken the train from downtown to Midway in Chicago.  They are two totally different experiences.  One was the "hang with the regulars and talk about your weekend" the other was running up 4 flights of stairs with a 50 lb. suitcase, no, wait, that's 54 because it was OVER..  and hoping to catch the train that will bring you to the airport on time...  You pick.  Did I enjoy?  Or did I want to stab myself in the right eye with a fork?
3) "Midnight Train to Georgia" is Sam Winters' signature number at the karaoke bar. What's your go-to song when you take the mic?
Well, first off.  My mother loved that song.  Every time I hear it, I think of her.  Second.  Seriously?  The screech that emanates from the large speakers when I get up to do karaoke is like the movies when a loud sound is heard and everyone holds their ears tightly and looks to the sky to see what is coming toward them at light speed to ruin their world and crash into their houses.  So no.  I don't take the mic.  People thank me for not taking the mic.
4) Do you drink tea?
At 4, with crumpets?  I did that once.  In the London Museum of Natural History.  Damn that was good stuff.  mmm  I heart London.  I want to go back now, please.   Oh, wait.  You mean like Lipton?  Not really.  Unless I'm sick - then I'll take it with 2 bags, 12 sugars and a little milk.  Hot & sweet, just like I like my men.  Fanks.
5) What's the most recent thing you purchased for your home?
Like as in groceries to keep in the home and eat?  Or like a new garage door?  I think the last thing I bought at Home Depot was paint.  Before that?  Coffee maker.  I don't buy it gifts, like a bracelet or anything.  Really.  How would it wear it?
6) Are there dishes in your kitchen sink right now?
Don't you judge me.  

7) Have you ever been fingerprinted?
Sigh..... yes.   And I had to pee in a cup.  AND a background check done.  For work, people... for work!
8) What was the last check you wrote?
To my friend Angie for a seriously awesome massage..  You should call her.  She's fabulous. And I get to have it done on work time.  Reason #476 why I love my job.  LOL
9) What color are your eyes?
Blue... But not cornflower blue.  Is that even a color?  I used to be in a moms group where one of them (who was the absolute WHACK JOB of the bunch) would refer to the color of her son's eyes as "cornflower blue".  She was craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy.   Cray-cray.  Off her rocker crazy.  Nuts, even.  
**OK - I actually did a google search... But she is still crazy.  LOL

  
Happy Saturday - until tomorrow, biotches!!  :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder everybody wants to be your friend! You are so FUNNY! Funny, non-pretentious and right on with your thoughts! Cornflower blue indeed.... Harrumph to the snooty people!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

She was nuts. Who says "cornflower blue"? That is a riot!

K Dubs said...

Why be anonymous? Come on! Be my friend! LOL

K Dubs said...

it was so funny - EVERY time she'd describe her son, it was "how could his father refuse these cornflower blue eyes"... Um... because you're CRAZY???? LOL

**** April **** said...

"Unless I'm sick - then I'll take it with 2 bags, 12 sugars and a little milk."

LOL... that's how I take my coffee...so it's more like coffee flavored sugar milk.

and then I have a caffiene/sugar rush like a friggin drug addict coming down with the DT's

I am Harriet said...

I remember Midway when they were about to close it down. Them they dumped a bunch of money into it to relieve the congestion from O'Hare.

Diana_CT said...

On Wednesday I'm having tea and scones with the retirees