Saturday, April 27, 2013

That bitch has a LOT of steps...

Just as an aside - I have to say I really find myself looking forward to these each week.  Sometimes they're great questions that make me think.  A lot.  About life and shit.  And while I might not write a serious answer (sometimes) - it's churning about like buttah in my head... :)  Good morning, enjoy the day - it's 51 here already and I have to tell you it is about damn time spring got here!  :)


1) In the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ferris climbs up on a parade float and enthusiastically lip synchs this song, encouraging the entire crowd to join in. Do you know the lyrics of "Twist and Shout" well enough to sing along? (Watch the impossibly young Matthew Broderick as Ferris here.)
Ahhhhhh Ferris.  We took a Ferris Bueller day once.  We all called in sick to work/school and went around Boston like tourists.  It was a blast, and we ended it by climbing the Bunker Hill monument.  That bitch has a LOT of steps..  Oh.  But the answer.  Of course.  Doesn't everyone?  
2) What other Beatles' song do you know all the words to?
Probably most of them.  I was born in the mid-60's and consider myself a child of the 70's.  Let's be real here.  I know a lot of things.  I'm kind of a big deal.  You didn't know that?
3) 49 years after their American debut, The Beatles are acknowledged as having a lasting impact on both music and culture. What performers on today's music scene do you think will be remembered 50 years from now?
My initial response is Springsteen (duh...).  But that is a given.  Same as the Rolling Stones, Neil Young, etc. (see, 70's LOL)  But today's music?  I think one of the biggest is Justin Timberlake.  He is an all around power house.  He can sing, act - and dammit - he's funny.   I think a lot of the techno stuff isn't going to be remembered as much as the MUSIC.  I don't consider that music - it's made up.  I think music is actually playing instruments - not sitting at a synthesizer.  And I know - JT has some of that.  But dammit, he's good.. (and I know - shocked it's not Adam Levine - I think he'll be remembered, too - but JT moreso)
4) Paul McCartney is an enthusiastic advocate of the vegetarian lifestyle. Could you/have you tried to "go veggie?"
Hells no.  I love me a good cow.  Or a pig.  Same as going no carbs - can't do it.  
 
5) As a young boy, Ringo Starr suffered a severe attack of appendicitis and almost died. Do you still have your appendix? What about your tonsils?
I am intact.  The only think I've lost is my virginity (and really, I could be a born-again).  I even still have my wisdom teeth.  LOL

6) John Lennon sketched and doodled when he was bored or nervous. Do you have any nervous habits?
I fart.  Or poop.  Sometimes both at the same time.  

7) George Harrison loved Hawaii so much he bought a 63-acre estate in Maui. Have you ever visited our 50th state?  
Nope, but it's on the bucket list.  The boy really wants to go there so he can say he's been to both non-contiguous states.   I'm cool with that.

8) Yoko Ono was a polarizing character in the Beatles' saga. Has any of your friends ever dated/married someone you just could not stand?
BAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
Hasn't everyone got one of those? 
  
9) Paul has had dogs his entire adult life, including a sheepdog, Martha, and a black lab, Jet. John was especially fond of a cat named Elvis and a tomcat he found in the snow and named Tim. Tell us about one of your pets.
This is my Ninja.  She appeared a couple of years ago - when we were talking about getting a cat. Dogs are not good in my house.  We've tried.  But Ninja? She was lost from her home - and nobody claimed her.  She was declawed in the front and spayed - and damn, we got lucky.  We love her.   She loves the new front door.  :)
  

6 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

I would have answered Bruce, and I wish I believed he had a more pervasive influence because then the world would be a better place, but I don't see him in the young-uns that followed. Alas. Because he's The Boss.

Ninja looks like she's on it. The perimeter is secure.

K Dubs said...

Ahhhh, but you forget - he's not done yet. :)

And yes, perimeter secure. No waascawwy wabbits or bugs to be found :)

Kwizgiver said...

I need to have a Ferris Bueller day.

katie eggeman said...

I agree with you about JT. Ferris Bueller was my kids movie of choice.
Katie atBankerchick Scratchings

I am Harriet said...

Now that you have reminded me of it...I do recall skipping out on school to go to a baseball game or two...

K Dubs said...

Ferris Bueller days are the best :)