Saturday, October 26, 2013

Kind of like Walmart at night. But not at Walmart.

Sheryl Crow is a breast cancer survivor and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please spread the word about early detectionAnd also please know that there are so many more cancers than just breast.  Check your boobies - do it often and do it right.  Get regular pap smears.  A colonoscopy (trust me, it'll be the best nap you've ever had).  Guys - get your prostate checked, and you check your boobies too! 

1) What's something that always makes you happy?
Ahhhhhhhh my son, my son.  He is a prince among men.  See? 
2) In the lyrics, Sheryl refers to a poncho. How do you usually protect yourself from the rain? Poncho? Umbrella? Raincoat? Hat?
The fact that I am stealth like ninja.  I dart between the raindrops like the wind.  You know, run like the wind, Bullseye!

3) Early in her career, Sheryl made ends meet by singing commercial jingles, including one for McDonald's. When was the last time you visited The Golden Arches?
It's been a while.  I usually stop once every couple of weeks to get the boy dinner - it's a treat for him.  I can't remember the last time I ate that food.  Blech.   Although their salads aren't bad.  

4) Sheryl rode a horse into the ring of a Wyoming rodeo and then sang. Have you ever been to a rodeo?
The local hockey rink had one a few years ago, we went.  The people there were, um.... interesting...  Kind of like Walmart at night.  But not at Walmart.   

5) Sheryl lives outside of Nashville, which is known as Music City. What type of music do you listen to most often?
Sheryl's actually one of my faves.  Always uplifting.  I love country, and usually will switch between that, top 40 and the oldies station.  But really, when did the music I grew up with become "oldies".  That's not fair.  I'm not that old.  

6) Crazy Sam is a massive Sheryl Crow fan, and is sure that the only reason why she and Sheryl aren't best friends is that they haven't met. What famous person do you think could be your BFF?
oh, definitely Melissa McCarthy.  She and I would have each other peeing our pants.  LOL  

7) Sheryl and cyclist Lance Armstrong were once engaged. Had they tied the knot, she would have become stepmother to his three children. Are you a step-parent, stepsibling or stepchild?
I've never been married, but I have extra kids - they say I'm their 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) Mom.  I think these kids collect Moms like some kids collect baseball (or Pokemon) cards.  Not sure if it's a good thing or not. I have a stepmother, and 3 stepsisters.  One I get along with, one I haven't seen in years, and the other has been bitch to me every time I see her.   It's a weird dynamic, one got married years ago and invited "immediate family only" which meant my father walked her down the aisle, but none of his children were invited.  Whatever.  My father was OK with this, which is part of the weird dynamic with him, and also part of the problem with him.  Anyway.  You didn't ask for all that, so I'll stop now.
 
8) Sheryl has performed carols at the National Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony in Washington DC. Have you ever visited our nation's capital?
Nope, I've driven by, around, and near it, but never been there.  It's on the bucket list.


9) Do you consider yourself easy going or do you have a fiery temperament?
Depends.  I can be your best friend or your worst enemy.  The putzwit sent me an email yesterday about a medical bill (our only contact, and I know it kills him to have to do it).  I responded with "Would you like me to pass on a Happy Birthday to your son as well?"...  Funny.  He didn't respond to that.  But Yup.  I am that person.  With him.  When my child is involved - and you fuck with him, I will be the person that makes your life a living hell.  Oh, and if anyone sees Kevin Fay of the MA State Police (I forget his cruiser number, dammit)?  Tell him his youngest son had a great birthday!   

5 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

Your answer to #5 made me smile because I always have the same reaction when an 80s song is played on the "oldies station." Hey! It wasn't that long ago. And then ... oh, wait. I guess 30 freaking years is kind of a long time.

Kwizgiver said...

I was grocery shopping and realized The Cure was on their station. The Cure. Getting groceries. I'm officially old.

katie eggeman said...

To me only the 50's and 60's are the golden oldies.

I am Harriet said...

Melissa would be such a hoot to hang out with.

Smellyann said...

Loved your answers. I hear "my songs" on the oldies station sometimes and think wth?!! but like The Gal said... it's a long freakin' time.

Happy weekend :)