Sunday, October 27, 2013

Best Birthday present EVER

This comes from the old Saturday 8 blog which is defunct and removed.  But it's almost my birthday so here we go:

1. as you get older, are you jazzed about your birthday?  
HAH!  Mine was actually Thursday.  It was uneventful, and I think any birthday over 40 just needs to be ignored.  LOL

2. do people usually remember your birthday? 
Funny thing about that.  My friends remember.  My cousins remember.  But my father has consistently forgotten it for years.  So, the ones that matter?  Yes, they remember.

3. an ex-coworker used to begin 3 mos. before her birthday flat-out reminding us that it was coming up. it's amazing what no self-esteem does for you. anyway, do you know anyone who pre-announces their birthdays? 
Why yes, yes I do.  My birthday is on United Nations Day.  I tell people that is coming up - not my birthday LOL



4. what was your best birthday? why? 
Hmmmm.... Looking back now?  My 31st.  I was induced on my birthday and had my son at 4:30 AM on the 25th.  Best birthday present ever.

5. what was your worst birthday? why?  
Looking back now?  My 31st.  LOL  I spent it in the hospital.  And when the putzwit showed up (after work of course) apparently my mother growled at him.  LOLOLOL  He said he was planning on staying, but my mother growled at him.  It was very stressful, and the worst part of the day/night.   I think he was full of shit, but who knows.  He did come back in before I left to see him, though.


6. name your best birthday gift.  
This one:


7. name the best birthday gift you've gotten for someone else.  
hmmm... I'm not sure.  I'm a horrible gift giver.  Oh, WAIT.  I surprised my friend Julie on her 40th.  It was awesome.  :)


8. as i age, i value SLEEP as a priceless commodity. i didn't get any for my birthday, however. what do you want this year for your birthday?
I got exactly what I wanted.  Some awesome hand lotion, and some rave reviews of my kid at school.  He's got all A's and 1 B.  I am so freaking proud of him, I thought I'd puff up like a peacock.  LOL

No comments: