Saturday, December 7, 2013

Hatchet? What hatchet? It's just a flesh wound.. come back here, I'll bite off yer kneecaps!





 
I was gone last week to my 30th HS reunion.  What an absolute off the hook time - from start to finish.  I got to see most of my faves, and get food from two of my favorite places (which, by the way - were the only full meals I had ALL weekend LOL), and generally have a wicked pissah good time.  Saw oh, so many people, danced and had a blast.  My niece got to meet an uncle and even more cousins (I think she's met almost all of them now!) and we got to spend time together, see her great apartment, and just spend time!  
I also, on a sad note, came to the realization that my son's sister (that we saw last Christmas) possibly just played us.  She won't answer my texts - never texted the boy on his birthday or anything - and now nothing.  She asked for honesty from me, and I gave it to her, and it's just so disappointing that she just couldn't do the same.  So maybe she's not so immune from all the bullshit.  Maybe some day. 
1) "Stand by Me" is one of the songs John Lennon did at his last public performance back in 1975. First recorded by Ben E. King, "Stand by Me" was also covered by Mickey Gilley and Otis Redding, among others. Can you think of another song that has been recorded and then re-recorded by someone else?
Blinded by the Light.   Bruce and Manfred Mann.  Yup.  Also, have you listened to the Seeger Sessions album?  Awesome.  Lots of down home good shit.  And one of my favorites?  The Lemonheads' version of Mrs. Robinson.  Haven't heard it?  Here you go:


2) The lyrics say, "Whenever you're in trouble, you can stand by me." Tell us about someone you know you can count on.
Me. Myself and I.  100%.  Anyone else isn't as invested.  I have great friends that I can count on, but sometimes they're out of town, working, sleeping, you know - silly things like that.   Which reminds me, that song by the Pretenders "I'll Stand By You"?  I used to think of the boy's father every time I heard that, when we broke up it made me cry.  Now it just makes me mad.  LOL

3) While "Stand by Me" was solo Lennon, John is best known as one of the Beatles. Which group do you listen to more often -- The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?
Um... Neither?  One of my favorite songs, though, is "Imagine".  
4) Lennon liked to tell how, when he and Paul McCartney were teens, Paul's father used to discourage friendship between the boys. Paul ignored his dad's advice and the result is the most successful songwriting partnership of the 20th century. Tell us about a piece of advice you're glad you ignored.
"Don't move to Michigan".  Yup.  In a couple of weeks, it'll be 10 years.  Best thing I ever decided for someone else's sake (the boy).. 
5) John loved cats. When he was a teenager, he first met his favorite, a stray he named Tich, in the snow and gave the cat a safe, lifelong home. John was very proud that Tich lived to be 20 years old. Tell us about a pet who has a place in your heart. 
Well I can tell you which one doesn't... that fucking chihuahua.  Stupid little pissant fucker.  How about these 2?

6) John unsuccessfully tried hypnosis in his quest to stop smoking. Have you ever been hypnotized?
Yeah.  So?  I'm not one of those that can be hypnotized easily, I guess.  Too much of a control freak?  Or not willing to give up that much control?   LOL
7) John has been inducted into both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. What Hall of Fame would like to see yourself in? 
The Hall of Fame For Really Freaking Awesome Peeps.  Duh.  
8) John had a passion for slot cars and raced them on an elaborate track in his game room. What games or toys do you still enjoy?
Twister.  Naked.  
9) John wrote about his jealous streak. What personality trait of yours do you wish you could change?
My ability to retain things.  I need to learn to let go more instead of holding on to the anger, frustration, disappointment, want to take a hatchet to someone's forehead - you know.  Shit like that.  

6 comments:

Diana_CT said...

I haven't heard The Lemonheads version of Mrs Robinson before, but I'm old fashion and like the Simon & Garfunkel version better.

Just like I hated the Sound of Music the other night, once you seen the original the copy couldn't compare.

lia said...

I'm like that with the not letting go, which leads to resentment and all that. I read on someone else's blog about being hypnotized to forget those things, and I think I would need that, but I think I also would be resistant to hypnotizing as well, as I don't like to give up control! :P

K Dubs said...

LOL Lia! See? You get what I mean! And Diana - I agree that sometimes the originals just shouldn't be messed with.
On a brighter note, heard from the boy's sister - all is well. Just a busy kid.

The Gal Herself said...

Ah, The Pretenders! I was involved with a manipulative, abusive, all around horrible man. And "our song" was "Back on the Chain Gang." Chosen because it was on the juke box all the time. But still, talk about foreshadowing! When your song is "Back on the Chain Gang," you should run! I wonder if Chrissie Hynde is happy in love?

I am Harriet said...

There are good twister nakeds and not so good twister nakeds....

Kwizgiver said...

Naked Twister--yikes!