Saturday, December 14, 2013

Who couldn't use a good 5-6 inches? Of snow.. SNOW!!

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


1) Sam has affection for this song because, when she was very young, she tap-danced to it for a Christmas recital. Her parents told her she was wonderful. Do you have any memories from a school/church program or pageant -- either as a child onstage or an adult in the audience?
 Not as a child - but as an adult - going to all of the boy's school programs.  Lots of fun.  The best?  Band concerts.  Couldn't get enough of 'em.  LOL

2) Ok, she admits it: After too many cups of holiday cheer, Sam did a few steps of her "Jingle Bell Rock" routine at last year's company Christmas party. Have you ever done anything at a coworker gettogether that you now regret?
Ahhhhhhhhhh no?  I learned the expression "don't shit where you eat" early on.  It's true.  Literally and figuratively.  
3) Since that unfortunate Christmas 2012 incident, Sam can't even look at a cup of egg nog. How about you? Do you like egg nog?
Mmmmmmmmm  egg nog and the Captain?  Sounds like Christmas to me!
4) For special events, Sam slips on her favorite piece of jewelry: a charm bracelet that once belonged to her grandmother. Do you have a special treasure from a previous generation? 
I have a few things of my mothers and my grandmothers that are special to me.  Which brings up the issue of pictures (wow, that was a segue, wasn't it?)  I have NO pictures of me as a kid.  None.  Zip.  Zilch.  Nada.  Why?  Oh, because rather than go through them and split them up as I suggested, my brother took the bins that I asked him to store for me (at the time, I didn't have the room) and went through them, and then brought them to my father's.  I asked to take them to the Cape with me so I could go through them and was told they couldn't leave the house.  Whatthefuckever.  Seriously?  So now?  I have none.  And considering the fact that I don't plan on spending time at my father's any time soon?  I will never see them again.  That just pisses me off.  Great.  Now I'm mad.  Fuckers.  Another reason for me to be pissed off. 

5) The only Christmas card Sam has received so far in 2013 is from her insurance agent. How about you? Have any holiday cards arrived yet?
I've gotten 3 or 4?  Just mailed mine out yesterday.  
6) Because of the chill in the air, Sam gave her dog his Christmas gift -- a sweater -- early this year. He's already gotten compliments on it. Are there any pets on your gift list?
Well, we have Ninja kitty.  But she doesn't understand Christmas.  Only food.  Water.  Sleep.  She gets plenty of those.
7) Do you need snow to get "into the spirit?"
Well, a little money to buy presents would be nice.  Which reminds me, I need to check my Mega Millions tickets.  And a tree.  Prolly should get a tree.  
8) Are you going to get/have you gotten a flu shot this year?
Little late on this one - already got it Einstein..
9) December is an important fundraising month for charities. Here's your chance to plug a worthy cause that means a lot to you.
Habitat for Humanity.  Give money.  Be a sponsor.  Be a hero.
 
But if money were no object?  I would love to help out single parents that don't know which way to turn.  I know too many, and starting off - I didn't know much, and it was a lot of "throw shit and see what sticks"  I was extremely lucky in that I had an attorney that took me on and helped me out a lot.  The rest I learned along the way.  Now, 17 years in - I know enough to keep me out of trouble.  LOL   At this time, I'd like to apologize to the citizens of MA that have been pulled over lately by Trooper FrhymeswithgAY..  Especially in the past month or two.  I will admit - I slam him any time I get the opportunity.  And really, it doesn't take much.  He answered an email with "in the mail".  You can imagine where I went with that one...  I came up with all sorts of things that could possibly be in the mail - stopping short at his balls, because we know that Jeanne has a firm hold on those.  
 
Anyway.. Enjoy the day - Snowmageddon is upon us.  Everyone's in a panic because of 5-6" coming our way.  Seriously - who couldn't use a good 5-6" of something?  
 
 

4 comments:

Diana_CT said...

That was too bad about the family photos. I'm the keeper of our family photos and I have been slowly scanning them and giving my brother a copy of the CD.

I am Harriet said...

That expression makes a lot of sense. Some people just don't get it though

The Gal Herself said...

I love your attitude! People act like it doesn't snow like this every year at this time. Every year the white stuff seems like a surprise to them.

Smellyann said...

That sucks about the pictures, I'm so sorry. When I was in college, I 'stole' all the pictures from my dad's that I wanted. Yup, totally helped myself. He's asked about them, I've pled ignorance and I have no guilty conscience about it!!

I hope you get them sometime before much longer. :(