Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection Meme
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Oh Jesus, I have to pick ONE? I'll come back to this one.. Getting back into the blog thing? But I really need to do more than the Saturday/Sunday occasional "fuck you" to the male parental unit though. But oh, how I enjoy those. LOL
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Going on a lot of job interviews, and having to deal with being #2, or not even being told I was #5 or anything. Dealing with that type of rejection sucks.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Watching my son turn from a C-D student into an honor roll student. Didn't see that one coming. :)
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Money. I didn't expect it to be so tight. That has to change.
5. Pick three words to describe 2013.
Fun. Growth. Over.
6. What were the best books you read this year?
I read a LOT this year. They were all good, it's like picking your favorite child - can't do it.
7. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
My friends and family - those are always my most valuable ones. Some of the family I choose, some is through DNA.
8. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Learning to let things go that I have no control over. Still working on it..
9. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I don't cry at Lassie Come Home any more. The end - that always killed me.
10. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
My love for God (aka Bruce Springsteen) has grown so much.. Just remember - at the end of every hard earned day, people find some reason to believe. That's what I believe in.
11. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
Well, I can tell you what didn't grow. My boobies. They're still fabulous, thank you!
12. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I learned that sometimes, the best thing IS to keep your mouth shut. For those that know me, they know how hard that is.
13. What was the most enjoyable part of your work?
Getting to meet the peeps that work in my building
14. What was the most challenging part of your work?
Working with some of the peeps that I do. It's hard to keep my mouth shut when someone talks about how they only become friends with people that are as "cute as they are". Yeah. That happened.
15. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Seriously? Work. I don't have enough work to do - which is why I'm on level 199 of Candy Crush and have had the high score on Bejeweled many times. LOL
16. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
17. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
That I can't say "yes" to everything. Sometimes I have to take a step back, and think about things first.
18. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2013 for you.
Thank you for flying DHS airlines, how can I help you today?
I don't know. I think I've probably said "that's mine and if you touch it I'll shank a bitch" more than anything else. I'm still learning to share. LOL