Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wierdness.....

Things get deleted, strange views pop up, twitter feeds disappear... Not sure what is going on.  But happy Thursday nonetheless!  I can't believe that it is September already.  School starts next week.  I'm the mother of a High School freshman.  Holy shit. 

I read someone's twitter that said "I hope my mum is cheating on my dad.  that would mean maybe we could leave.  Anything would be better than this".  That just breaks my heart that a kid would feel that way.   She's 16, but really?  She is still A KID.  How fucked up do the parents have to be to have their kid either aware of them not getting along, or maybe the father is a miserable SOB, who knows.  But it's just sad.  I think every kid deserves to grow up in a house where they are loved and happy - and around people that are happy.  My kid is almost 15, and he still loves me and wants to hang out with me.  I don't (I hope) think we'll ever get to the stage where he hates me or doesn't want to be around me.  Maybe it's my parenting, maybe not.  But I have to be doing something right. 

To that girl, I'd say - you have 2 years left and you can get out of that house and then your life will begin.  Don't let your parents screw up your future relationships - look for something better than what they have and don't you EVER settle for less than what you deserve.

Hang in there. 

Me...

No comments: