Thursday, November 22, 2012

oh so Thankful.....

on this delightful day - it's 43 degrees.  I woke up on my own, got up on my own, walked downstairs on my own, made my own coffee in my nice Keurig - and now am in front of my computer.  I am so thankful for everything that made that possible - my health, technology, a job to pay for these things and most of all?  Juan Valdez and his coffee beans.  :)

Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful, to spend time with loved ones, and to celebrate.  It's not about seeing how much you can stuff in your face in one sitting.  Although - some find that fun.  I'm not that into the tryptophan coma - so I pace myself.  :)

It's Thursday - so I'll do a Ten things Thursday (oooh - not a bad idea for a new meme.... eh?)...

Ten things I'm thankful for..


  • The ability to stand up for myself  - I love the saying "stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone"... I've done that - it's not pretty, but in the end - I win (in a manner of speaking)..  I get to wake up every day and look at myself in the mirror and be happy with what I see.  No regrets.
  • My job.  I may complain about it - because I'm bored occasionally - but you know what?  I have a job.  It pays me well.  There are many that don't have that. 
  • My friends.  I really love my friends - they are proof that there is good karma.  I have some of the best friends that they're really not just friends, they're family.  And considering what some of my family is like?  I've been blessed.  :)
  • My family.  My extended family.  While I am grateful for the ability to forgive (you can read about that here) my "immediate" family - I am grateful for my extended family of aunts, uncles, cousins and people that I just adore, and love spending time with. 
  • My niece.  I searched for her for years, and as fate would have it - she was right around the corner the whole time.  I should do a blog post on all that - sigh... some day.  But she is a wonderful young woman, and I am so thankful to have her in my life - and to show her that she wasn't ever forgotten. 
  • My son.  Oh, my son....  He keeps me on my toes.  LOL
  •  The ability to stand up for my son.  And the ability to be able to say "shame on you" to each and every person on his father's side of the family that knows about him and chooses to ignore his presence.  I'm working on the forgiveness there.  But I know that it's their loss - and he doesn't miss anything he's never known.  But still.  Shame on you. 
  • My neighbors.  I love my neighbors - and living in a neighborhood where I can leave my house open and not worry about it.  I don't have to lock my car at night.  It's truly a neighborhood where we enjoy spending time together, and look out for one another. 
  • Food.  I love food.  Good food.  I love being able to cook - and I know I'm a good cook.  Not just dips - but food food.  Mmmmmmm... now I'm hungry.
  • Last, but certainly not least - YOU.  I'm grateful for you.  You read here.  You care.  You laugh (hopefully).  You enjoy what I write.  And while there are some suspect ISP's that continue to pop up, and some strange searches that happen while some people are here - that's OK.  It's all part of the learning process.  LOL

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!

MUAH!

No comments: