Saturday, November 24, 2012

'Tis the Season..


Click here to play along!

1) Are you still feasting on cold turkey, or any other leftovers, from your Thanksgiving meal?
I have a little bit of the sides left - but my next "project" is to lose weight, and having all that stuff in the house doesn't help.  Little by little I'm getting it out of the house.  And since I didn't cook, I got to choose what I wanted to take home.  :)
2) AAA says Thanksgiving is a big travel weekend. Did you venture far from home for your holiday dinner?
Nah - about a mile and 1/2 down the road.  It's good to have peeps that are close :)

3) Is this weekend the official start of the Christmas season for you?
Not really.  I'm over the whole commercialization of Christmas.  I want to enjoy the season - not stress about gifts or spending money I don't have.  So while I enjoy the music - I'm not going to make myself nuts decorating or buying gifts.  Well, decorating, maybe.  LOL

4) Which couple would you rather hang out with -- Fred and Wilma Flintstone or George and Jane Jetson?
Oh jeez - that's a no brainer.  My feet like brake pedals - George and Jane.  Plus they had more electronic toys.  Oh, and bathrooms. 

5) Have you/would you ever get your teeth whitened?
Meh... I'm not sure.  They're not white white - but they're not meth black - but having been a smoker for a long time, I'm sure they have a little yellow to them.  Why, does it bother you?

6) Do you still have your high school class ring?
I never got one.  Didn't give a shit enough.  Either that or my parents refused to pay for it.  That's the more likely scenario.  I was told the day I turned 16 to get out and get a job, and start paying room & board.  Then if I wanted to go to college, to find the money myself.  Yeah.  They were so supportive and encouraged us to reach for the stars.   Really.  No seriously.  Yeah, you're right.  I'm lying. 

7) Here's $50. You must spend it all in one place. What are you going to do with it?
LOLOLOL  Maybe that should have been $500?  What was this written 10 years ago?  That won't even fill my gas tank!  But ooooh.... I love Home Goods.  Or Pier One.  To buy some cute Christmas decorations.  :)

8) Could your vehicle use a trip to the car wash right about now?
Oh, I'm sure. 

9) Did you hit the snooze button this morning?
Nope - I try not to use an alarm on the weekends unless I absolutely have to.  During the week, though - sure - I'll smack that like Akon.  LOL
Happy Saturday - hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

9 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Ha ha! I thought the same thing about the $50. And I agree with your alarm take. Oh sweet weekends!
Happy Saturday!

The Gal Herself said...

I'm happy when I find $5 I forgot about in my jeans, so I guess I'm just easier to please. :)

Thanksgiving is not an easy time for those of us wrestling with extra pounds. I know I've just given up this weekend.

katie eggeman said...

I am back on the diet Tomorrow, although I did make a few Weight Watcher recipes with the sides, about the only thing I have to get rid of is the stuffing, potatoes and gravy.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

We all have to get "over the whole commercialization of Christmas." Cuz we've created the monster... :)

I am Harriet said...

I'm with ya on the $500. I would also add Tuesday Morning to that list.

ShannonW said...

I could fill my gas tank with $50, I just would not be able to do anything else. LOL

Happy Saturday!

annies home said...

your #6 has me so confused between oh my how sad and you got me

come see what I said at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

I could fill my tank with $40 but not much else. I think it was written a long time ago too.

I'm late to the show but here I am.
http://heartsmakefamilies.com/2012/11/cold-turkey/

K Dubs said...

Thanks for all the comments!
And Angie - meh - I'm over it, don't be sad. It's just part of life and having a dysfunctional family.
I'm going to be back on my diet (after I eat the leftover cheesecake factory cheesecake - because it would be such a shame to waste it LOL)... and hope to be back in my skinny jeans soon! :)