Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sometimes Karma is a beautiful thing


I wrote about this case Here - and how this girl could easily have been me, one of my friends, or any number of people.
He was sentenced on Monday.
Life in prison. Read Here  and here  for the sentencing and impact statements..   No possibility ever of parole - even if his murder conviction for some crazy reason was overturned. 


Here are her mother's words at the sentencing..

“I feel like I've been carrying this letter around in my head for over a year. Perhaps writing it down and saying it aloud will allow me to purge the hatred from my heart and mind. I no longer want thoughts of my daughter's murderer to have prime real estate inside my head. Better that I use that space for all the wonderful memories I have of Jenny.
“I think all parents have the fear of that phone call or knock on the door in the middle of the night — for us, it is a horrible reality. Dead? A suicide? It can't be real. Not Jenny. We're just normal people. The baby? Is he dead, too? After all the unbelievable events of that horrific night I sat in the dark and watched the sun begin to rise and thought, 'How can life go on? How can the sun still come up and people go to work when my heart and life has been ripped apart?'
You were a policeman, someone we have been taught to respect and trust. She considered you her friend. I guess to you, Jenny was just a 'booty call;' a plaything; never a friend. Friends don't murder their friends. Are you such a coward that you couldn't face your responsibilities as the baby's father? Funny, many men have faced the same problem but did the right thing. You decided it was easier to murder Jenny and your own baby? You sat and ate dinner while you planned out the murder. You distributed communion at your church while you were planning the murder. You coached your son's team while you calculated how to kill your other child. Evil monster are the only words I can think of for you.
“Thankfully you won't be able to hurt anyone else. You won't be able to have any more 'friends.' Hopefully no other 'friends' have died on your watch. There are so many victims in this selfish act of yours. Not only our family and hundreds of Jenny's friends, but your family, your mother, your son, your ex-wife — everyone that trusted you has to live with the horror of it. And all the good dedicated policemen and women who work every day to protect and serve, your evilness tarnishes all the good they try to do.
“This could have turned out very differently. Bless Jenny's heart, she fought for her life and for the life of her unborn baby. At first, I told detectives that I  hoped you had drugged her so she wouldn't have had to suffer or be scared,  but if that would have happened, you may have gotten away with it. There would have been no bloody fingerprints. If you had answered your radio in a timely fashion and Officer (Tim) Patterson hadn't come looking for you, you may have gotten away with it. If Jenny hadn't have been the person she was, maybe we may have believed suicide and you may have gotten away with it. But as I search my soul for a reason why, I sometimes feel that Jenny was used as a tool to stop you from doing this to others. Why God didn't strike you dead, I don't know. But however this fell into place, with the great job of the investigative team, no cover-up from your coworkers, a wonderful prosecuting team, and an intelligent jury, you didn't get away with it.
“As Jenny's family and friends, life as we know it will never be the same without her. But, the one consolation I have is that life for you will be the same, every day, for the rest of your life. Someone will tell you when to sleep, when to eat, when to shower, when to talk — same — day in, day out. So go to your cage and think about how you squeezed the life and breath out of my daughter and grandson and I hope it haunts you every day for the rest of your life.”

I've never wished death upon anyone, and I certainly don't wish it upon Bluew.  I wish him a long life.  In General Population.  Where everyone knows that he was a cop.  And a baby killer.

THAT is karma.  And I hope he knows what's coming.

RIP Jenny and Braxton... justice has been served on a silver platter.

No comments: