Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Things that make you go hmmmmmm


So I had a little surgery yesterday.  Reshaped the front of my body.  Chopped some of the girls off - which is something I've been talking about for YEARS.  I know I've mentioned it here before. 
I'm less than 24 hours post-op and wondering what the hell I waited so long for.  I actually woke up this morning with less back and neck pain than I've had since I don't know when. 
I can see my FEET.  And my stomach, but that's another story LOL  Time to work out!
I've always hated my picture being taken.  I actually let people take pictures of me yesterday - and for years I've been the one hiding in the background, or having my son sit in front of me.  Not any more.  I will be front and center from now on :)

It was my first time with general anesthesia - and the last thing I remember is them holding the oxygen mask over my face and then I woke up in recovery...  Go figure.  Easy as that!

So... I know that my friends Erin and Julie go see psychics, etc.  And sometimes, little things happen that make me wonder, "was that some kind of sign"?   Ever since I scheduled the surgery, I've been wondering what, if anything, you see/dream/think about while under the anesthesia.  I had thoughts of seeing my mother, Harriet - or others that have passed on.  Would that happen?  Well, if it did, I don't remember it. 


BUT... the nurse that gave me the awesome drugs before the general?  Her name was Maggie.  She was a student nurse, and a lot of fun.  My favorite aunt's name was Maggie.  I know - you would think that Harriet was my favorite aunt, but she wasn't - she was my person - like a sister, not an aunt.  Maggie is also the other person in my family that had the extra large boobs.  She actually died of breast cancer.  :(   I was so scared that they would find something when they opened mine up, but apparently not.  Whew... 

BUT... I woke up with a fat lip.  Seriously?  A fat lip.  And who gave it to me?  Maggie.  Not sure how, but all that matters was it was her.  LOL

If that's not a sign that they're all watching me, I don't know what is.  AND I don't know what I did.  But I'm sure I'll figure that out.

Stew on that one a bit. 

:)



1 comment:

cheatymoon said...

Without a doubt they were there with you. They're always there. Also - the more you pay attention, the more signs you will see.

Hope you're mending!! xoxo