Sunday, November 3, 2013

But then video killed the radio star. It made me sad.

^^^ click there to play along!

Unfamiliar with this week's featured song? Hear it here.

1) This is one of the first songs to see a bump in sales after its video was shown on MTV. Do you ever watch music videos?

I used to.  But then video killed the radio star.  It made me sad.


2) Golden Earring is from the Netherlands. The average life expectancy there is 79 years old. Who is the oldest person you know?

Bad Grandpa was at the party last night, anyone know how old he is?  And he is a naughty naughty man!  And dirty, too.  But oh, that man could move on the dance floor!   I know a few octogenarians.  

3) The song's composer says the song and especially the video were inspired by the 1980 book, The Bourne Identity. The espionage thriller was finally made into a movie with Matt Damon in 2002. Do you have a favorite secret agent/spy? 


Bond.. James Bond...


4) The song's title comes from The Twilight Zone TV show, which ran from 1959 to 1964. Are there any old shows that you enjoy watching in reruns?

Orange is the new Black.  That's old, right.  Granted it's not in reruns yet.  Oh. Wait.  You said reruns.  Dammit.  Which reminds me of a story.  My son, aka the Boy - loves "Home Improvement".  Thinks it's hysterical.  Couple of years ago a friend got married, and Tim Allen just happens to be her brother.  So at the wedding, Josh was all star struck, and I just introduced them.  Tim looked at Josh (who was like 13-14 at the time?) and said "To Infinity.. and BEYOND"...   We chatted a bit, and then walked outside.  The Boy looks at me and says "Mom.  That was really creepy.  Why was he talking like Buzz Lightyear?"...  He had NO CLUE that Tim was the voice of BL.  LOL  I should have just asked him to say something along these lines: 







 


5) "All guys cheat on their girlfriends, so yeah, I forgive him." Sam heard a young woman say that into her phone as they waited in line at the drugstore. While Sam is always surprised by how much personal information people share in the public, that's not what we're concentrating on this morning. Do you think that it's true? Do all guys cheat on their girlfriends?

Wow, that's a loaded question.  No, I don't.  I think that some people, given the opportunity, and if they are not happy at home, would.  But there are even more that know that cheating isn't the way to go.   I know that there are some professions that cater to the ability for the man or woman to cheat.  But again - a few bad apples....





6) Whenever Sam goes to the grocery store she picks up Snausages  because her dog looks at her with sad eyes when she tries to reward him anything else. What product has your brand loyalty?


One thing I won't buy store brand stuff of is cereal.  There really is a difference.  Other than that?  I have a few products that I stay true to.  The Boy gets American Eagle jeans, because they're the only one that makes them skinny enough for him.  

7) Do you have a piggy bank or a coin jar?

What, you planning on robbing me later on?

8) Sam knows that she's always supposed to wear sunscreen, even on cloudy days, but she sometimes forgets. What do you know you should do, but sometimes don't?

Quit smoking.  Don't judge. 


9) Retailers report that sales of Halloween costumes for grown-ups are strong. Since Halloween was earlier this week and there will be parties this weekend ... What's your costume for Halloween 2013?  If you aren't dressing up this year, tell us about one of your favorite outfits from a Halloween gone by. 


I wore my fuzzy reindeer pants, a hockey jersey, a bathrobe, a black eye, blacked out teeth and slippers.  I also carried a bag.  Ever seen www.peopleofwalmart.com?  Yeah.  I was one of them.  LOL

My favorite outfit from days gone by?  An outhouse.  LOL

No comments: