Saturday, July 5, 2008

ahhhhhh the 4th of July....

Things I miss....


Being poor sucks. Being poor and over 1,000 miles away from your family (and the ocean, and your friends, etc. etc. etc. ) sucks even more. I was watching the 4th of July fireworks in Boston last night on TV and was just so overwhelmed with "I want to go home". I don't think I've ever really felt homesick since I moved to MI, but I got home more often, I went back for St. Patrick's Day and haven't been there since - it's usually about every 3-4 months that I've been able to go back, even if for a long weekend. I tried for Memorial Day - couldn't afford it. The 4th - same thing. I'm going to hope for Labor Day, but I'm not counting on it. Plus the fact that I get no vacation time from my job until October makes it that much harder. I have a good life here, great friends, but sometimes you just have to go home.

2 comments:

cheatymoon said...

I know Boston misses you too.

K Dubs said...

awwwwwww thanks :)