Thursday, July 31, 2008

ahhhhhhhhh Thursday

Almost the end of the week. I had a guy call in today, speaking in a German accent. It was the end of the day, I was tired, and once he started talking I realized that I'd spoken with him before. He was a pain the ass. A HUGE pain in the ass. He got a $10 parking ticket, never paid it, and now it's up to $60. He is asking about the laws and ordinances of the state, can he bring an attorney to his hearing, what kind of checks are in place to make sure that if someone requests a hearing it is actually scheduled, are the employee phone calls taped, and since my answer was "no" he said that unsupervised employees were going to be the basis of his appeal. HUH? DUDE - it's a FUCKING PARKING TICKET!!! The first time he called it was $35. It probably cost him more than $35 of his life to debate the finer parts of American bureaucracy with me, make me want to pull my hair out and stab myself in the right eye with a red-hot poker. Now it's $60. If he calls me again, I fear that I will shoot myself. If I suddenly disappear, it's because I have done myself in - all because of a guy that doesn't want to pay his stupid ticket. I can only imagine what he'd have done if it was a speeding ticket and the cop got him in a speed trap!

On a good note, the siding is being delivered this week for the house. Plumbing and electrical are roughed in and ductwork is up. Woohoo!!

2 comments:

cheatymoon said...

oh boy. that's a man with way too much time on his hands.

K Dubs said...

ya think??? I should post a few stories from work.. LOL