Saturday, July 19, 2008

Now about real life..

So I work in the traffic court section. Entering tickets. I got a job in the court system because I know they have good benefits, etc. but I didn't think I'd be basically doing data entry. But I like the people I work with, I have a job, it could be worse. But for the past couple of weeks I've been waking up in the morning thinking "what the hell am I doing"? For the past few years, I've had something going on - whether school, taking care of my ex (because he was incapable of handling his own life by himself) working on his custody case for him (again - incapable), taking care of my kid, doing SOMETHING. Now? I work. I get up each morning at 6, go to work by 8, leave at 5 and come home and figure out what to make for dinner and I'm usually in bed by 10-10:30. I wonder what my purpose is. Granted, school will start up for me again in Sept. but I just feel like I'm treading water, waiting for life to happen. Yeah, the house is exciting, but it's a house. Maybe I'm ready to start dating? LOL Maybe it's because I have always gone "home" every 3 months or so, and I'm not going to get there realistically until Christmas. I know I'm homesick. I know that I need a vacation, but I don't get one until after I'm off probation - which is in October. They give me EIGHT hours of personal time - "because we realize you have a life". HUH? Whatthefuckever.

2 comments:

cheatymoon said...

you are right! your real life has nothing to do with those crazy people! dating? why not? I am sorry you are homesick and can't come back east... :-(

K Dubs said...

me too :( I want to see my cousin's baby. I want to see the ocean.
And dating... sigh... I'd have to find someone to date. LOL