Thursday, July 31, 2008

tales from the crypt.. court... whatever ;-)

guy on phone: Um. yeah. I got a speeding ticket.
me: OK, can I answer a question about it?
guy: how much is it going to be.
me: how fast were you going?
guy: 50
me: You were doing 50?
guy: No, 50 over.
me: HUH?
guy: I was doing 105 in a 55.
me: Um. OK. Your ticket is $170 and that'll be 4 points on your license (while inwardly thinking DUMBASS)
guy: Are you kidding me, that's nuts!!
me: Um. Yeah. THAT is nuts. Can I answer any more questions?
guy: No.
=click=

Picture the scene... Friday afternoon... nice weekend coming up..

ring...
"yeah, can you tell me if I have a warrant"
ring...
"yeah, do I have a warrant out for me?"
ring......
"do I have any warrants"?

It's the usual Friday afternoon conversation. I guess they want to figure out how much trouble they can get into.

1 comment:

cheatymoon said...

warrants? for speeding or parking tix? yikes...
Have a fab weekend - I'm emailing you and other loopies a link to something good.
Oh, and the new guy in left field? I like him!!!