Sunday, February 24, 2013

Donuts for Dogs? Say it ain't so....

Today we ripped off a blogger named Paul Burgin from the blog Mars Hill. It is 20 questions,  He says he got it from Paul Linford.  But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Take the time to comment on other player's posts. It's a great way to make new friends! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing! 



First Job:  Dietary Aide at So Shore Hospital. 

First Real Job:  What, dietary aide wasn't a real job?  That's BS.  Who are you to judge?  Then I worked at my uncle's fish/ice cream place.  Do you have any idea what it's like smelling like fried fish?  It gets into your clothes, your hair, your nose - everywhere.  And try going out after work?  Impossible.  I remember a few times getting into Debbie Henry's fun bus and stinking up the joint. 

First Volunteer Job:  Hahahahahahaa - that's unpaid job, right?  Just clarifying..  My mother used to say "I didn't have you kids because you were cute" or something like that.  And God forbid should the boys do any girls work.  You know, now that I think of it?  They didn't even have to put their own damn dishes in the sink.   That's OK.  I learned how to fight back.  When told to trim the hedges?  I did such a butcher job on them that I was told that I'd never be allowed to do that again.  Awwwwwww bummer...  LOL

First Car:  OMG it was a 76 Plymouth Volare.  That thing would do anything.  Donuts, fishtails - best car in the snow.  I remember plowing it through a snowbank once, too.  It would still be running today if it hadn't been totaled in an accident (and no, it wasn't my fault).  Great car.  Only AM radio sucked, though - but I did get to listen to Ricardo Montalbon singing to me about my car a lot.  LMAO

First Record:  Monster Mash.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  Shit.  It wasn't yesterday?  What do you mean vinyl is "out"?  Damn you technology!

First Sport Played:  CYO basketball.  And the coach's sister was nothing but a big fat bully.  She used to push me around all the time - and it wasn't my fault I was short.  And really - it was JUST a game... 

First Concert:  Ahhhhhhhh, sorry Jules..... Bruce Springsteen.  12/16/80.  At the Gahden.  The River tour. 

First Country Visited:  Greece.  Summer before my senior year in high school.  Oh damn.  I never did scan that picture of Tony, did I?  Now I'm inspired. 

First Kiss:  Mike somebody.  We were playing pool in his basement the day after Christmas, I think?  And the chalk smelled like peaches.  I still hate peaches.  LOL

First Speech:  I'd like to thank the Academy...

First Girlfriend/Boyfriend:  Um.  I like boys.  Or really, men.  But aren't they always boys?  First one?  Eeesh...  Not sure.  I really don't remember.  I remember my first "real" crush was Jim Sheehan.  He turned out gay. 

First Encounter with a Famous Person:  Um.  Hellooooooooooooooo?  You  mean other than my first look at myself in the mirror?

First Brush With Death:   Now really, what the heck kind of question is that?  I could have had a brush with death when I was 10 and I just don't know it.  Although there was the time that I was 3 or 4 and ran right out of the house and into the street into the path of an oncoming MBTA bus.  Whoops.  Maybe that time? 

First House/Flat Owned:
Who the heck owns a flat?  Other than people in Nebraska, that place is damn flat.  First house?  I owned a condo.  The head of the HOA was a raging bitch and lived across the hall from me.  I owned that condo 364 days exactly.  

First Film Seen at a Cinema:
Seriously?  Who calls it a film?  Or a cinema for that matter?  What are we, Downton Abbey or something?

First Media Appearance (Radio, Newspaper, TV):
My friend Debbie and I got our picture in the paper for waiting outside Sears at the Hanover (aka Hammana) Mall to buy U2 tickets.  Yup.  We're famous.

First Hospital Stay:  Birth?

First Book You Remember Reading:  See Spot Run.  Come on, who comes up with these.  Those Pauls are kind of dumb with their questions.

First Pet:  Napolean the dog.  Who, apparently had fleas.  So my mother brought him to the dog pound.  And left him there.  And bought my brother and I donuts and thought that would make us feel better.  Um.  Yeah.  Not so much, Mary... Not so much...

First Election You Voted In:  The first time I gave a crap was 1992, I think?  I voted for Clinton.  But really, even then I wasn't sure what the stakes were.  I pay more attention now.



6 comments:

tryin to learn said...

I"m glad Bruce was your first concert....and i remember Mike's (first kiss) last name :) and OH my god - you made me snort with the donut thing. I can so see your mom doing that. i'm still laughing.

K Dubs said...

I figured you would remember his name. LOL And really - she did. DD's on Main St. And she turned around to the two of us bawling in the back seat and said "there, now do you feel better?"..

cheatymoon said...

I'm pretty sure I waited in that same line for U2 tix. xoxo

The Gal Herself said...

Oh. My. God. I FIRST SAW BRUCE DURING THE RIVER TOUR! It was positively life changing. No, I'm not kidding. And if you think I am exaggerating, you didn't see the River Tour.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I thought "damn you technology" until the iPod. Then I swore the gods made it for me...

I am Harriet said...

I bet Greece was really interesting for you to visit at that age.