Saturday, November 23, 2013

It was like diarrhea in my mind - easy in - easy out.

Sugar Shack

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Sugar Shack
This song was popular 50 years ago today. Hear it here.

 


1) In this song, our hero orders espresso. What's your standard coffee order?
mmmm  Hot and strong, like I like my men.  Oh wait.  Coffee?  Milk no sugar.  Or maybe some of the sugar-free pumpkin spice.  That's pretty darn tasty.  I also have some of the vanilla heat in my fridge.  It's like a little spicy pepper-coffee party happening in my mouth.  Makes me want to jump up and dance the meringue!  Well.  After I've had my coffee, that is. 

2) Originally the phrase "sugar shack" meant a small cabin where sap from maple trees was boiled into syrup. So for breakfast today, would you rather pour syrup on pancakes, french toast or waffles?

mmm Oh!  I have pumpkin waffle mix from TJ's.  I'm going to make those for breakfast.  Stella is up visiting from Chi-town, and we love all things pumpkin.  And, apparently all things beer.  She and my bff's bf really hit it off - he loved having a captive audience, and she was enjoying it! 

3) The name of the group that recorded this song is The Fireballs. "Fireballs" is also the brand name of a red hot jawbreaker. Do you like cinnamon?

Only if it's on top of an apple cake.  Or apple crisp.  But red-hots?  Blech.  No.  Cinnamon gum gives me the heebie-jeebies.  I think the pedophile up the street used to give it to me, but it is bad ju-ju to me.  Yuck.  No spicy cinnamon.  

4) In 1963, when this song was a hit, newscaster Walter Cronkite was one of the most trusted and influential men in the country. Do you have a favorite TV newsperson?

I loved Walter.  Andy Rooney was the balls, too.  Now?  I really like Brian Williams.  He's very hot in person.  And tall.  Hot and tall.  Oooh.  Maybe that's how I should like my coffee?  LOL  Anywhoo - stood with Brian and his wife, and other hot celeb types at a Springsteen show.  In NJ.  Damn that was a great show, too.  Rained.  Got delayed.  But it was Bruce's birthday..  Got this shot:
mmmmm Bruce.  Or maybe this was from the show the night before.  Either way?  Great shows.  Great time.  Great friends. 
 

5) The Rambler was named 1963 Car of the Year by Motor Trend, and their most popular model was a 9-passenger station wagon. What's the car of your dreams?

Seriously?  Range Rover.   I've always loved them.  Could have bought a used one for short money - but they are gas PIGS.  I got my 2nd dream car (which I've had before)... Lucy - idn't she purdy? 
 

6) The Zip Code was first introduced in 1963. How many different Zip Codes have you had throughout your life? 

02190, 02127, 02149, 02351, 49024, 49060, 49083
I think that's it - and I lived in some of them more than once.  LOL

7) What was the first thing you thought about when you woke up this morning?

I hope I didn't wake theManda with my snoring LOL

8) Are you a good pool player?

I used to be. I could do those jump shots and all that fancy shit.  Not any more though.  It was like diarrhea in my mind - easy in - easy out.  

9) Do you actually make a wish when you blow out your birthday candles?

Um.  If I tell YOU, it won't come true!

5 comments:

CountryDew said...

I loved where these questions took you. And Springsteen? Now *that* is some good there.

K Dubs said...

I love me some Bruce! :)

Diana_CT said...

They don't have news anchor like Walter Cronkite or Chet Huntley and David Brinkley. They knew how to report the news, now it seems like it is all sound bites.

I am Harriet said...

Brian Williams is tall? You never know seeing them on TV if they are tall or not.

The Gal Herself said...

If Brian Williams registered as hot with Bruce nearby, he must be hot.