Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Holidays :)

So I've decided, because I just had this new house built and all and I have to start, oh, you know - PAYING for it? I can't afford to go home for Thanksgiving. Which means I miss my 25th HS reunion (holy shit, I can't believe it's been 25 years). That's OK. It's usually just a big drink-fest anyway. Not that I couldn't use a big drink fest, but it'll be cheaper doing it here. LOL And I will miss my family for the holiday. But I am going home for Christmas - I don't care if I have to drive there, I will be there. I haven't been there since March. Since I've moved, I think I've been home at least once every three months or so - this is the longest stretch I've gone in 5 years.
BUT... I get to see my family for a week. I will get to see Amanda, otherwise known as Stella!!
I will stay with Rob and Michelle and the adorable Miss Leah, and it absolutely KILLS me that I haven't seen her in person yet.


And my sistah, and brothah, and all the kidlins, and maybe my father and more!

Happy Hump day!

3 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Good for you! I'm glad you are going. I wish you would have time to visit here too, but I know how it is to use vacation time to see family...

And good for YOU for paying for your damn housing.

K Dubs said...

well you never know! I'm off from the 24th until the 5th - so I may have time free. I haven't gotten the tickets yet - we'll see how the pricing is.
And yeah - paying for your own housing is such a novel idea, isn't it?? LOL

Michelle said...

Ohhh...I can't wait! Although isn't this top secret suprise?? Hehe. Maybe Stella doesn't check this out that often!