Sunday, November 23, 2008

I guess the jig is up...

I've been found out. Discovered. Brought out of the closet (so to speak). No more will I reign superior, or be able to use a certain thing over my child's head ever again (well, I can, just not in the same way).

This delightful creature:



Has informed me that he knows. He KNOWS.

that I am NOT...





Well. That makes shopping easier, I guess.

I was talking about it yesterday with a friend (and I've had this conversation with others, too - that do have kids), she thinks if she ever has kids that she may not tell them about Santa. Some people consider it a form of lying to their kids, some thing why have them believe in fantasies?

Really? I think fantasies like Santa were WONDERFUL when I was growing up! The Easter Bunny, all that stuff!

Anyone else have thoughts?

5 comments:

cheatymoon said...

I say keep the magic alive. We do Santa gifts and stockings no matter what. Also, *if you don't believe, you don't receive* worked pretty well.
But yeah, it does take the pressure off for the dark of night sneaking around...

K Dubs said...

I loved the whole magic of Christmas. :) And my explanation last year was that for kids that don't believe in Santa - their parents have to take over.

Pseudo said...

I love the magic of Christmas. We never admit out loud in our home (with teens) that there is no Santa.

K Dubs said...

Pseudo - I think that's a great policy :) I did have to talk to him about not letting other little kids in on it. He pretty much knew that already.

Anonymous said...

I think it's great to believe in Santa, kids have wonderful imaginations and they only last so long...I say get them to use those imaginations as much as possible, even if it means blatent deception! I wish I could still believe in stuff like that!