Sunday, November 2, 2008

the PC has returned...

A couple of months ago, the PC decided that it wanted a little break. Luckily I have the laptop as backup, so I was using that until it got fixed. I kinda got used to the little screen, LOL. I finally got the PC back and it promptly crashed AGAIN. So, the $159 I paid someone to look at it went right out the window as I did what they did - and reinstalled the OS. Only this time (hopefully) it took. I went out and got a new hard drive yesterday, thinking the 2nd reinstall wasn't going to work. It's still freezing up every so often, but so far so good. I may actually return the hard drive and maybe get an external one that I can backup stuff onto. I didn't lose everything on the drive when it crashed - it's just all saved as windows.old - who knew???

I spent hours on this yesterday rather than doing my homework. Must work on homework...

My father called me 5 days after my birthday to wish me a happy birthday. 4 days after my son's. I'm not sure, but I think he's getting a little forgetful? I've stopped letting it get to me, and just let it roll off these days. It used to really piss me off, but it's just not worth it.


The house is still a mess. I still don't have a trash bin. I do, however, have grass in the front (after I'd asked them to wait until spring to lay down the sod) AND.... a friend that is a landscaper may do a kick-ass job here for short money because when you come into the development, mine is one of the first ones you see - and it's like free advertising for him. So we'll see.

Happy Sunday. Go read Other People's Secrets.

And don't forget to get out and vote this week!!!!

3 comments:

Pseudo said...

Don't you just hate computer problems? A small business friend of mine said when you find a good tech person, stick with them. Spend a little extra to have them set stuff up and know your components.

cheatymoon said...

Other half provides excellent tech support here... thank goodness. I wish you lived closer so he could help you out!
Although reinstalling the OS on your own is impressive...:-)

K Dubs said...

Erin - you should be even more impressed now - it crashed again, I re-reinstalled the OS, got off it what I could (pictures, documents, etc.) before it crashed yet AGAIN... and then I replaced the hard drive. :)