Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Eve of the Eve :)

So tomorrow, while most of you are snug as bugs in your nice warm beds, I will be up and traveling at the butt-crack of dawn to catch an early morning flight. "Where could you possibly be going, oh powerful and all-knowing Queen of the Universe?" I know you are thinking this. I am going H O M E. For the first time in 9 months. That's a gestational period, you know. For humans, at least, certainly not for an elephant - they'd still be in the first trimester. I have made it clear to all that will listen that I am going to do nothing but sit on the living room floor of my cousin's house and play with the baby, who I have not seen yet. She was born MAY 3RD and I HAVE NOT SEEN HER YET. I have so much time to make up. Her mother, my aunt, would BEAT me if she knew this. I duck when the wind blows, I'm so scared of her wrath. Not really, but it sounded good, didn't it?
And Christmas. Ahhhhhhh Christmas. Of course it will not be complete without some family drama, but I'm hoping that will be minimal. I still have some shopping to do, but the boy is pretty much done. I went against all I believe in and caved. I ordered him.... God I hate even typing it.... a cell phone. <--- That's how I feel about it. But he's starting ski club after the first of the year, and won't have any way to get hold of me for emergencies. Can I give it to him to use on those days only? Would I be a horrible mother? I mean, jeez, he's lucky he's even getting one. I hate the idea of kids having them unless they're needed, and I guess he needs it. Ugh.
Anywhoo... he is getting other stuff. The ski club costs, new boarding boots, goggles, other various and sundry items.
It'll be fun.

Merry Christmas to everyone that celebrates!

Muah!!

2 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Have a fabulous time at home. We will be ships passing on Route 3... but give me a call if you have a moment free - maybe you'll be waiting online at DD and I'll be driving by... I will be down there from the 26th to the 28th. Though I may also be baby oggling.
The cellphone is a necessary evil. That's how I feel about it.
Mwwwuwwah! Merry Christmas!

Pseudo said...

Merry Christas Kathy! Hope the baby highs outnuber the family dramas a million to one.