Sunday, December 28, 2008

Manic Monday

Thanks to Fleur de Lisa, you too can play along with another Manic Monday by clicking here!


What is the biggest mistake you made in 2008 and will not make again in 2009?
Trying to take an accounting class online. I would just as soon take a red hot poker and jab it through my right nostril into my brain cavity than try that again. If you're not a math person, don't ever try it. I do much better with math "in-seat" and in the classroom. I have to take the class for my degree. I start next week. I WILL pass it and not withdraw. LOL


Do you make New Year's resolutions? Why or why not?
Not usually. I make New Year's I "hope" that I do something. Like I'd love to get rid of the tapeworm that keeps making me hungry at the worst times (oh, like ALL the time?), but to make a resolution to ignore it? That would be awful! It would come out the gaping hole in my brain cavity that I made after trying accounting. Or while on a date, it would slither out my nose or something. So no. No New Year's resolutions. Plus, I think it's like 80% of them don't make it past the first month. So I wait until February 1st, and make all sorts of crazy resolutions. By then, who cares? Nobody's going to hold me to them - only myself!

Who do you nominate as “Man or Woman of the Year” for 2008?
The most obvious choice here would be Barack Obama. But that's just going along with the crowd. Personally? I'd like to nominate Ben & Jerry for coming up with their Dublin Mudslide ice cream. Or how about Vermonty Python: Coffee liqueur ice cream with a chocolate cookie crumb swirl & fudge cows. And then they say: We interrupt ourselves with much hooting through tin horns to bring you this brilliant new ice cream, made from dried shrubbery and old cereal packets. This is a ripping good flavor, really, so buy it quickly and run away, silly person, or we shall taunt you a second time. How could they NOT be nominated?

What was your greatest accomplishment in 2008?
Proving that I could rise above the bullshit and once again be on my own. Not only did I find a great job to support myself and my son, I also had a brand new house built, and have maintained my 5.5 GPA in school. I went back to living on my own in 2007 because of circumstances beyond my control - and came out the better person.

5 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Ha. Ben and Jerry. Great answer.

Staci said...

Way to go!! I love that you were so successful this year! Here's to continued happiness and success for 2009!!!

Teena in Toronto said...

I can't imagine taking accounting online ... my brain doesn't work that way :)

I played too :)

Susan said...

Good answers, I wish I had thought of a good one instead of O'Bama!

Pseudo said...

Dude - you are REALLY funny. Loved your answers. And I would be right along side you on the Math online thing. Would not happen.