Friday, August 8, 2008

Mmmmmmmmmm

There's a man, known around these parts as the "sweet corn man"... He actually told me his name once, and I stopped him - and said I only wanted to know him as the sweet corn man. LOL I have a tendency to do that - like John, the interoffice mail guy, I call him "interoffice mail guy". Or did, until someone told me his name, but I still call him that on occasion.
Anyway.... He has the absolute BEST corn I've had in my life. A couple of summers ago, my aunt Harriet and my two cousins came to visit and we got corn from there, and Harriet went ON about the corn - how it was the best she'd ever had, and if you knew Harriet - you know she was a corn aficionado. An addict. Every meal during summer - corn on the cob. EVERY meal.
Today, I went and got some. Mmmmmmmmmm..... it makes me think of many dinners at Harriet's. Best damn corn EVAH... I miss Harriet. But I suppose by having things like the sweet corn man's corn, and remembering her scarfing like 6 ears, she's not far away. :)

4 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Yay, Sweet Corn Man! I hope you had an extra ear or two for Harriet.

K Dubs said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm I cooked 3 and ate 2. They were Deeeeeeeelightful!! And I have 3 more to go!!

Trooper Thorn said...

In the summer, it is corn on the cob with every meal in my house. I can't get enough. Too soon it will be winter and there will be no decent vegetables left.

K Dubs said...

That's why you buy extra and freeze them, trooper thorn! God, did I just say that? Did I just suggest freezing food for the winter? Dammit! I'm becoming more and more midwestern every day!!