Saturday, August 16, 2008

Post Secret

So, OK, I'll admit it - I'm a junkie. Sometimes I'll look late Saturday night (well, early Sunday morning) for the new ones. I love having that tiny little peek into other people's lives and what makes them tick (or tock).
What you may or may not know is that there is also a Post Secret myspace
A couple of weeks ago I read through so many pages of how to describe your life in 6 words. That's all you got. 6 words. So many people used more, used less, but a lot put 6. I was amazed at how many were about how they found love and now they are who they should be, or "will you ever love me again" or just not about THEM but about other people. One girl put "I blame you for my wrongs". I actually responded to her and said "If you blame someone else, then how are they *your* wrongs? Either you own them, or you don't." What is it with so many people that they can't own their own choices - or even make their own choices for that matter? My ex (the fuckwit) never made a conscious decision on his own - he would consult everyone around him, then call his financial guy, mother, father, stepmother, stepfather, sister, brother's best friend, dog walker, 1-800-grow-a-spine and then think on it for a week. And then? He'd do the opposite of what everyone told him to do. And when it didn't work out - he'd blame it one everyone else. I don't think I ever saw him "own" a bad decision that he made - he'd sure as hell take credit for the good ones, though (even if he had to lie about how it was *his* idea). But I digress.

I just found it amazing to read. Some great ones? "I LOVE that I'll never understand. No more Iraq, just come back. We're more than words on websites. My children will share with yours."

Mine? I put two "I'll always be smarter than you" (yeah, that was a blatant dig at the fuckwit - he's not that smart LOL) and "I believe in myself, my choices".

But my *real* one that I added later? "Never let another person define you"

1 comment:

cheatymoon said...

I think people miss out when they can't own their own mistakes. There's always a lesson in a mistake, and you can't grow unless you're learning.